Skip to content
JOB SCOPE OF SCHOOL TEAM COACH
- SG-Coach Level I (Technical) or equivalent
- SG-Coach Level I (Theory) or equivalent
- First Aid & AED Certified
- National Registry of Coaches Certified
- Holds organizational meetings for team prospects and encourages potential athletes to participate in the sport.
- Assesses player’s skills and assigns team positions.
- Develops a regular practice schedule and organizes practice time to provide both individual and team development.
- Works with the teacher in charge in scheduling facilities for practices and competition.
- Assigns duties to an assistant coach and/or interns as necessary.
- Coaches and instructs players, individually or in groups, regarding the rules, regulations, equipment, and techniques of the sport.
- Observes players, during competition and practice to determine the needs for individual or team improvement.
- Determines game strategy based on the team’s capabilities.
- Establishes and maintains standards of pupil behavior and provides proper supervision of athletes at all times.
- Monitors the academic performance of team members to ensure that eligibility requirements are met; and encourages student athletes to maintain a high academic standard.
- Follows established procedures in the event of an athlete’s injury.
- Conferences with teacher in charge, regarding the athletic performance of their student.
- Follows school regulations governing the athletic program.
- Models sports-like behavior and maintains appropriate conduct towards players, officials, and spectators.
- Acts as a team representative and promotes the sport by communicating with the news media, clubs, and other organizations.
- Follows established procedures for the proper care, maintenance, and requisitioning of equipment, supplies, and uniforms.
- Works with the teacher in charge to develop a policy for awards and submits a list of award winners at the end of the season.
- Participates in special activities as requested by the school such as Award Ceremony etc.
- Models nondiscriminatory practices in all activities.
- Ultimately, Be the type of Coach you want to have when you are once a student athlete
Interested Candidates can send your resume and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org